The Workplace Readiness Program is designed to introduce workplace readiness behaviors to consumers to assist consumers with transitioning into employment or further education/training opportunities. Consumers will receive differentiated instruction in thirteen (13) workplace readiness behaviors which consumers can apply to simulated workplace environments through our pre-employment skills labs. Also, workplace readiness behaviors are supported by ancillary staff such as Occupational Therapy, Behavior Support Services, Communication Services, Residential Services and Recreational Therapy.
Workplace Readiness Behaviors:
- Personal Presentation
- Attention to task/Concentration
- Safety Awareness and Practices
- Response to Supervision and Feedback
- Following Instruction
- Initiative and Dependability
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail/Quality Work
- Care with Materials and Property
- Work Energy/Stamina
- Work Tolerance/Persistence
- Meets Work Schedules
Meet WWRC Admissions Criteria.
Workplace Readiness Program Service Options
Program Length: Six (6) weeks.
Location: WWRC, Clients reside in a WWRC campus dormitory.
- Consumers begin their day with a check in with Behavior Support Services and Occupational Therapy staff before classes begin in order to get organized and prepared for the day's lessons and activities.
- Consumers will spend time in the classroom learning about work readiness skills and why they are important for obtaining and keeping a job.
- Consumers have the opportunity to work in a hands-on environment in our pre-employment skills labs where work readiness skills will be reinforced and assessed in order to provide remediation as needed.
- Consumers will also receive instruction and practice with communication and interpersonal skills each day from Communication Services Staff.
- Consumers will have the opportunity to receive additional support with work readiness skills through group sessions which will be provided after the Workplace Readiness Program day ends.
- Consumers may receive a vocational evaluation, if needed.
Email: Workplace Readiness Program (WRP@wwrc.virginia.gov)
Phone: 800-345-9972, Ext. 540-332-7322 | TTY 800-811-7893