Education and Workforce Support Services
Education and Workforce Support Services provides instruction, support, and assessment services to WWRC students to enhance employability, vocational training program success based upon the student’s selected career pathway, independence in their community, and the skill foundations to become a life-long learner. Services include:
Academic Support and Assessment Services
- One-to-one academic evaluations in collaboration with the Vocational Evaluation Department for the purposes of Vocational Assessment and Evaluation.
- Group academic assessments using the Test of Adult Basic Education for students in the Pre-employment Readiness and Education Program and Vocational Training Services to determine academic strengths and weaknesses to facilitate appropriate instruction and accommodations.
- Group Academic Support classes (small groups of 6-12 students) for Vocational Training students to facilitate trade related academic growth and facilitate lifelong learning, based upon selected career pathway.
- Group study skills and test taking skills instruction.
- Tutoring (small group of 1-3 students) a more intensive instructional program to assist students who have demonstrated trade related academic weaknesses which result in a documented risk of the student not being successful in their training area.
- Media Center Services
Credentialing Assessment and Support Services
- GED instructional classes.
- GED Ready and GED testing.
- Career Readiness Certification (CRC) assessment and instructional classes are utilized to assess workplace problem-solving skills with test preparation as indicated for WorkKeys testing to attain a CRC.
- WorkKeys testing
- Credentialing support classes provide enhanced opportunity for student success on credentialing examinations for each vocational training program.
- Comptia A+ Certification examinations
- Comptia Security+ Certification examinations
- Comptia Network + Certification examinations
- National Retail Federation Customer Service and Sales Certification examination
- Manufacturing Specialist (MS) Certification examination
- Manufacturing Technician (MT1) Certification examination
- Certified Logistics Associate Certification examination
- Certified Logistics Technician Certification examination
- Microsoft Technician Associate Certification examination
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification examination
- Auto Service Excellence Maintenance and Light Repair Certification examination
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe Food Manager Certification examination
Job Seeking and Keeping Skills
- Provides instruction on applying for a job, developing a resume (skills checklist), and job interview skills
- Assists students with completion of job application as needed
- Provide assistance in registering with the Virginia Employment Commission as needed
- On the job work experiences through the Student Internship Program (SIP)